Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Free Portrait Session

This is it, now that my site is launched and my portfolio is filled out, I will no longer be doing free portrait sessions. I have yet to decide on prices, but no more free ones. Anyway, I think it's a good thing I did all these free ones though - it really helped me get used to the settings and equipment I need to get good portraits.




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 85mm
Monopod






click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/3.2
Shutter Speed: 1/200
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 50mm
Monopod



I've definitely noticed some growth in my skills as a portrait photographer. Out of my favorite two shots, neither of them had to be cropped; I had them framed and composed correctly in-camera. This is nice because it makes for faster editing later on. Also, there were fewer necessary adjustments to get everything correct; most notably that I didn't need to use the "Recovery" slider in Lightroom this time around.

I think I'm ready to head into the world of paid portraiture.

2 comments:

  1. I think these turned out great! You're definitely improving. Glad the lighting and everything worked out for you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your portraits! Your site looks good too! It's nice that you've decided the direction in which you want to take your photography. Although I hope you continue to shoot all kinds of subject matter as you've been!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!