Saturday, October 23, 2010

Delicious Black & White

I just got back from a lovely vacation with my dad, where we hit various photo locations, saw family, etc. One of my favorite pictures from the trip was taken at Seal Beach in Orange County, California.




The Pier
Aperture: f/16
Shutter Speed: 1/20
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 18mm
Tripod



It was an uncharacteristically cloudy and rainy day at the beach, which had several nice side-effects: diffuse light, awesome moody clouds (recovered from the RAW file via Lightroom), and very few people at the beach to clutter up my shot. The one guy standing about halfway down the pier kind of bothers me, but he fits in with the shot okay, and I didn't want to spend an hour cloning him out.

Anyway, I got this and a whole bunch of other shots I'm very happy with on the trip. More to come as I get around to editing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!