Friday, March 19, 2010

Guitar Construction Update

Let me start by saying, I'm not particularly pleased with this shot. I don't think it's very good. It's not bad, it's just not great.

Anyway, an exciting day in the construction of my guitar. I've moved on to assembling the box, which means I'll be done soon, and finally able to play it. This is just a photo of the fretboard (which I finally finished inlaying, and sanded flush). It's boring in black and white, but it was even more boring in color.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/9
Shutter Speed: 1/20
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 55 mm
Monopod


The dust-looking stuff is probably mahogany sawdust. The worktable was pretty covered in it.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be more inspired to take an interesting photo tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I do have a monopod, but haven't used it much recently. I tend to use that when I'm traveling light, and the tripod when it's easy to bring along.

    I like the grain of the wood in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the guitar! Can't wait to see the finished product. You must be very proud of your work. Yes, the wood grain takes a distinct curve which makes for a unique characteristic!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!