Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Orton Crocuses, Take 2

After yesterday's train wreck of a photo, I did a little research on the theory behind the Orton Effect. That, combined with a little practice and a new method of applying the effect digitally gave me much more satisfactory results.




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/50
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 37 mm
Handheld


Still not perfect, but I have a much firmer grasp on how it works now. Furthermore, I learned how to do it film-style, which I think can be closely reproduced digitally. More on that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Much better than the first attempt. Thank you for showing both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the tutorial! I like this alot!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!