Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More Motionless Photos

I'm really enjoying still life. Though my kit lens isn't prime, I have a hard time seeing a huge improvement in sharpness and optical quality. Also, I like to use my kit lens because it can focus MUCH closer than my Dad's 50mm and 85mm primes can. Until I find a way around this, I'll probably be using my kit lens for Motionless photos more often.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/9
Shutter Speed: 0.8 seconds
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 55 mm
Tripod



I like the texture of this shot, and I also like the simple background provided by shooting on white paper.

When I get enough photos in my Motionless series, I may do a mosaic. I think it would look good because the photos would be relatively uniform.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice texture indeed.. Shooting with the 50mm definitely does present problems in focus lengths. It's not a lens that's meant to do the up-close macro-type shots. It is meant to mimic the human eye, and well, speaking for myself, I certainly can't focus my eyes close to any subject ;) But I do find that my kit lens does manage to do the close-up focusing better than the 50. But man, I do love the 50... (Love the shadow here too)

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!