Thursday, April 8, 2010

Captitol Reef

Sorry for not giving you all a heads-up before I left, but for spring break, my family went to Capitol Reef National Park in southern Utah for the last few days. I took about 3.5 GB worth of photos, mostly in RAW, and I've just barely started to scratch the surface with putting the good ones through Lightroom and Photoshop. So don't be surprised if my posts for the next like, two weeks are all Capitol Reef photos!




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/11
Shutter Speed: 1/200
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 18 mm
Monopod



I found myself using the 18 side of my 18-55mm kit lens far more often than I ever have in the past. I also found myself wishing for a lens hood on many occasions. Hopefully lens flares that occurred won't be too difficult to take out when it comes down to it.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice one. I bet you have some great photos.

    We took our son to Maine to visit our daughter during my son's spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for landscapes... Love looking at them, love photographing them. This is a nice one! Awesome colors, nice composition with foreground. You must have had a blast shooting there. You live in the right part of the world. This is why I can't wait to get back to the Pac NW!! Lets see some more!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!