Friday, April 2, 2010

Some Commercial Photography

I have a friend who is starting up a button jewelry business (shameless plug: http://www.cuteasabuddon.blogspot.com/). Yesterday, she asked me to help take some photos of her work for a brochure she's putting together. As most of the shoot was inside, I used my dad's f/1.4 50mm lens for the majority of the photos. One I'm particularly happy about is this one.







click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/13
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 55 mm
Monopod



Actually, after putting the exposure details down, I realized that this was one I took with my kit lens because I was running out of time before I had to leave, and the kit lens was already back on my body. Which explains the higher ISO.

Commercial photography has proven to me an interesting animal. Even when shooting portrait-style photos that showcase the necklaces or bracelets, I had to pay as much attention to the focus of the product as I did to the focus of the person's eyes.

Anyway, there's that. I may end up shooting more for her, and if I get good results I'll be sure to show them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!