Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Results of Today's Photoshoot

As I mentioned last post, I sort of took out an ad on Facebook in an attempt to pad out the "Portraits" section of my portfolio before I get it printed. The first resultant shoot of that ad was today. I must say, it went quite well. I had a number of good shots, got a lot of good experience working with models, various lenses for different types of shots, and other equipment. Great learning experience, great fun, and a few of my friends got some free portraits out of the deal. Here are my favorite two from the shoot, which will be going into the portfolio.




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/40
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 100mm
Monopod






click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/40
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 50mm
Monopod



The top is among my favorite portraits I've ever shot. I made a really concerted effort to get the lighting, catchlight, depth-of-field, angle, composition, and focus just right, and I think I may actually have succeeded on all counts. Not to brag, or anything :)

The 2nd was my favorite from all the landscape-oriented portraits I took. Is that an oxymoron?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!