Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wide Angle + Clouds

Up front, I'll apologize for not getting posts out recently. I was gone on a hike all day Friday and Saturday. On the bright side, I got a few good photos on the way. Also, if the weather decides to cooperate instead of snowing again (yes, in MAY), I'll have a new calendar out tomorrow.

Anyway, here's my favorite photo from the trip.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/11
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 18mm
Handheld



I love the way the clouds look when you shoot at a wide angle. One of the first lenses I will buy is a really, really wide one for shooting breathtaking landscapes.

This was taken about 2/3s of the way through the 18-mile hike. It was grueling, and it really put things in perspective for me when I could be standing on top of the most recent hill, take a photo like this, and then realize that about an hour or so previous, we were beyond the farthest mountain visible in the shot. I'm glad I did it though, it was a cool experience.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great shot. I agree about the wide angle. What type of lens were you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive shot! Love the b/w tones, very vivid and the clouds do look very surreal shot with the wide angle! It does give the landscape the perspective it deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a painting! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!