Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cloudy Days

I love shooting on cloudy days. The snow was falling after school, and I got let out about 15 minutes early. While I waited for my carpool to get released, what better thing to do than take pictures? Though it was snowing pretty thickly, it wasn't all that cold. This resulted in a lot of water on my car from the melted snow. With the lovely cloudy light that is so diffused, yet usually almost as bright as sunlight, I took this nice macro shot.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr


The water droplets look nice, and the one I wanted is clearly in focus. The reflection of the other car in the parking lot is (hopefully) a nice secondary subject, but one that isn't too distracting, and I'm loving how the background just fades out to white.

1 comment:

  1. You set the focus right. Nice one. Some of my shot similar like this didnt focus well. :(

    Maybe if you can give us some detail like apperture and shutter speed, it will give us nice infos for learning... :)

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!