Saturday, December 5, 2009

Macro, Part II

I've always loved macro photography. Since my tripod recently gave up the ghost, I've had an opportunity to be using a small gorilla pod. This forced me to take macro shots almost exclusively for the past week or so. I've done a few non-macros, but not nearly as many as usual. With the weather getting colder down here, I've been trying out indoor macro recently, too. One of my favorite images to date is this one of my keys.




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr



The expanded view offers a nice look at how dinged up the keys are from use, but the really cool thing for me was looking at it in full resolution (8 megapixels). Obviously I couldn't view the whole image on my monitor at once, but the clarity I got (thank you, solid gorilla pod) was extremely interesting up close. I had no idea there were so many micro scratches all over everything that I couldn't see with my naked eye... or that didn't look very interesting with my naked eye anyway.


So I'll challenge my readers to shoot some macro images of everyday objects, and take a closer look—you might be surprised at what you find. Share your photos in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ym_arki/4160757009/

    thanks for the macro challenge! This object is a bit unusual, but thought it made for a neat macro. I couldn't for the life of me find my gorilla pod, so I shot it from table level. The object is about the size of an egg.

    What I noticed when I had her up on the screen was the dust on her face and nose. I'm hoping the dust was on the object and not my lens ;)

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!