Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Photographing My Woodworking

Apart from photography, one of my hobbies is woodworking, and particularly, woodturning. I have a nice setup with a mini-lathe in my garage, as well as some other shop tools. I have also amassed a pretty nice collection of pen-blank sized exotic woods over the past few years. As my friend's birthday was today, last night I turned a basic slimline pen out of Tasmanian Blackwood. Turns out (pun definitely intended) small woodworking projects make for some cool macro photography opportunities. It's nice that I can get twice the regular artistic value out of a single pen.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr


I do quite a bit of woodworking, though not so much during the winter months. So now that I know about this, I'll be photographing more of my work. Cool.

1 comment:

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!