Sunday, December 20, 2009

In Case of an Emergency

Today, I am having a photographic emergency. It's called, I was out at a dance on Friday night, and went to like 4 different locations via 4 different cars. Somewhere in that confusion, my camera with all my gear and my tripod got left in a friend's SUV. So I haven't had it with me for two full days. I'm quite disappointed, having missed 3 particularly great photographic opportunities. Yes, I counted. But it's my fault.

Anyway, that left me with one option if I was planning on getting a post out today (if you haven't noticed, I've been trying my best to get one out every day): looking through my old untouched iPhoto pictures. When I upload the contents of my card, I put them all into iPhoto, choose the keepers out of the batch if there are any, and take those on to post-processing.

Luckily, there are at least a few post-processing-worthy photos that I haven't gotten to. Good thing, too. Here's one I found today. I took it during a show my Chamber choir put on every night for about a week in early December. The aforementioned show left me very little time for photo editing while it was going on, so there are at least a few good photos that I just never got around to Photoshopping.




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr


I'm particularly fond of the colors. I didn't touch the saturation, and only bumped the contrast up +5 in an effort to accentuate the carbonation trapped between the lime and the cup. The composition, not so much. But a fun photo to look at.

3 comments:

  1. Now I am thirsty! :) Nice color and effect! I lost my lens cap last night after too much post-wedding celebration :) At least it was just the cap and not the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I'd be having camera withdrawals. Hang in there.

    Hi, My name is Steve, I'm a photograph addict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I'd ever been in the same situation... No camera on hand... And that's crap! You know, moment is everything..

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!