Sunday, February 14, 2010

Extreme Cloning

Yesterday I went down to see the photography display that my dad and I both entered. Unfortunately, the museum where it was being held was closed by the time we got there. I guess it's a good thing the display goes for another couple of weeks.

Just goes to show that there's a good reason to carry my camera everywhere. Even when I can't see a photography show, there's always something to photograph.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/30
ISO: 80
Monopod



It's a nice photo, and I'm pretty happy with it. But the really interesting thing about it is that there was some chump who thought he could be in my picture standing (okay, walking) a ways down the path. Despite the fact that he was covering about four different kinds of backgrounds, I zoomed way in and managed to clone him out carefully. Even in the 768x1024 expanded view, it's pretty difficult to detect the cloned area. I guess that's good, but if I were to print this, I think it would be much easier.

So the lesson learned is that I need to wait for people to leave the frame unless I'm willing to spend a LONG time taking them out of the photo.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting image. I like the leading lines and the contrast.
    Maybe when/if you print it he will look like a ghost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good lines indeed! Love the shape of the tree - seems to branch out forever. If you hadn't said, there would be no way I could detect a person was ever in the path; so in that case, great PP work on your part! Not sure that I'd have the patience! Nice job. Oh, and BTW, cheers on your early gift of Canon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!