Saturday, February 20, 2010

Some Clarifying Portraits

I ran amok yesterday at the debate tournament. It was distributed over the whole school, so the atmosphere of the whole day was pretty relaxed. In all, I took about 250 photos with the Yearbook's XSi. Lots more learning experiences.







click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/9
Shutter Speed: 1/25
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 53 mm
Monopod









click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/9
Shutter Speed: 1/50
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 55
Monopod



Portraits with REAL focal lengths > portraits with the PowerShot. Can't wait to shoot my Prom group's pictures. 55 mm on the Rebel XSi's sensor is about 88-90 mm 35 mm equivalent. Which is right in the middle of happy portrait land. So, even more so now, I'm really excited!

2 comments:

  1. Great portrait shots! I love how the snow adds to the "feel" of these, and gives them a sense of movement and softness. I think you are going to love your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... Did I miss something? You're going to have a new camera? Great!!
    About the speed, I think you should shoot faster then 1/60 of second if you're going to use 53mm focal length. Maybe by using larger apperture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!