Friday, February 19, 2010

Fun with Light and Framing

I was upstairs yesterday when I noticed the light was coming through a window pretty horizontally and shining off our chandelier. When I got everything set up to take the photos, I noticed that various parts of the walls, ceiling, etc. were creating symmetrical natural framing at the angle I was shooting at to get the sun's reflection.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/5.5
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 80
Monopod



So I'm pretty happy with this photo. I cooled down the temperature a bit in Photoshop, because I like the facets of the glass when they're a cyan-ish blue. I also had to clone out some gross cobwebs. I guess you don't notice them until you're photographing them.


In other news, I borrowed a Canon Rebel XSi from the yearbook class at my school to take photos for my article in the upcoming issue of our school paper. I mostly borrowed it to try it out. Holy cow. I can't wait for mine to get here.

1 comment:

  1. heh... yeah, taking pictures around the house is what really motivated me to clean more often. :-P

    Cool shot. I like the flare.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!