Thursday, February 4, 2010

More of my Guitar

The last guitar-related picture I posted was a picture of machine heads that weren't intended for my guitar (and actually, wouldn't even work for it, as I'm not building a classical guitar). But this photo is actually one of my own guitar. It looks like the main body of the guitar is completed, but it's not. I just put the back on the table, the sides (which aren't completely done being bent, but really close) on top of that, and the soundboard on top of that, to get a rough feel for what it would look like completed.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/2.6
Shutter Speed: 1/80
ISO: 80
Handheld



I started this shoot off just wanting a few pictures of my guitar for documentation purposes. Then I figured I might as well try to get some shots of real photographic value. I was in kind of a hurry though, so I didn't put on my macro lens. That's why this isn't as sharp as most of my macros—I was a little too close for my camera's built-in setting.

The wet spot is due to me putting water on the guitar. It gives a fair approximation of what the wood will look like under polish, so I just wanted to see what that area would look like. The wood in the soundboard is Honduras Mahogany, and the inlaid hearts (and rosette) are hard rock maple.

I liked it better in monochrome, so I stuck with that. Other than that, I just wish I had composed this a little more carefully. I was able to crop out most of the clutter-y, distracting background, but not all of it.

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see the color version of this to get a feel for the wood colors. So far it's looking like a work of art in itself! I hope your project is a success and you start making music on it very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!