Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More RAW Monochrome Still Life

I have fallen in love with another specific form of photography. Monochrome still-lifes. Monochrome in general is so lovely when I have the flexibility of RAW. I've noticed a HUGE difference.





click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/11
Shutter Speed: 0.6 seconds
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 27 mm
Tripod



I'm not extremely happy with the composition on this. Lines, etc. become even more important than usual when you shoot monochrome, because there isn't color to distract your eyes. So in an attempt to mask some of the lines that are leading the eye in stupid directions, and just generally keep the focus on the center, I added a not-so-subtle vignette. It helped, but I still need to figure out better composition when shooting things like this.

I really like the contrast though, and the shadows behind the vases looks pretty good, as well as the kind of flare of light on the wood.

Man, Nature Macro photography is going to be so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!