Thursday, January 21, 2010

10 of Hearts

I took this photo yesterday, and got a little bit of a surprise when I took it into Photoshop: I didn't ever look closely enough at the cards to see that they were textured. Amazing what you can discover with macro. :)




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/2.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 80
Gorilla Pod


Anyway, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, this is for the "red" mosaic I'm working on. I know I said I wouldn't show you these all, but I have a lot to do today, and not much time to do the post I had in mind. Maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the mosaic. I like the concepts of using different colors.

    Is that a texture, or an alias from some photo process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a texture on the card. I took a look after I finished posting this at the car in real life, up close. It's there. I just never noticed it before.

    Also, you probably won't ever read this comment, because you probably don't subscribe to comment responses. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the texture on the card. Adds a little interesting design with the light reflection.

    (I never know when or how to respond to comments - sometimes I do it on my post, or sometimes I go to the other poster and comment there)... ::shrugs::

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did read the comment. :-) I'll press subscribe this time.

    That texture is cool.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!