Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Nature Macro

Sometimes I feel like this blog is almost predictable. My two favorite types of photography are nature photography, and macro photography. This photo is an example of both.




click to enlarge, or see it on Flickr
Aperture: f/2.6
Shutter Speed: 1/20
ISO: 100
Tripod



I'm not sure why I was at ISO 100 instead of 80 if I was using a tripod. Possibly I had set it to 100 to get a slightly faster shutter speed for some previous handheld shooting on the same trip, and then forgotten to set it back. I like how the depth of field worked out, and I'm pretty happy with the saturation on the yellow lichen. The composition is iffy though.

1 comment:

  1. I like the composition, and I know why... There is a line toward the left in the bark that leads my eye up and out. It makes me feel like I'm looking at a landscape - it feels like a river or path through a forest of trees. The colors are lovely, nice crisp textures, and a fairly narrow depth - this all works for this macro. Nothing wrong with photographing what you love. You are not predictable by any means!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Have a question? Leave me a comment!